Good Bye B.M.G.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Good Bye B.M.G.

Post by Dave on Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:28 am

Me:

Good afternoon Ian, I woke up this morning, and I found myself removed from the B.M.G. I don`t rightly know what I did wrong, but I`m am quite disgusted in the way I was removed without warning!

Ian Richardson:

Good afternoon dave try not to be disgusted don't worry you were not removed from the group for doing anything wrong when you re apply you will see that we deleted everybody that means every body in order to make the group more user friendly as it had grown too big i did put a few notices informing everybody of what i would do and you will see when you get back in the full explanation for why it was done i believe it was a very good move and we'll make the group stronger and more friendly

Me:

Thank you for taking the time to explain. I was going to reapply, but I don`t have a join group tab. All I see is; +Create group , report group , Members, and Share group.

Ian Richardson:

Ok thanks Dave I will kook at why when I get home and advise

Me:

Thank you, Ian. Much appreciated. Take care, ride safe.

Ian Richardson:

Hi Dave , there was no apparent reason why you couldn't request to join, in many ways I took your early advice about the group please read my explanation and let me know what you think, its been very well received

I must admit; I DID try to re-apply, but there was not an option for this on facebook. (as I explained)
Late the next day, I tried to look for the "British Motorcycling Group" on facebook, and there was no sign of it... Anywhere!

Yesterday, I looked again... To my astonishment I found, I was a member of *B.M.G.* again.
However; when I came to write a reply to the "Explanation" by Ian Richardson, there was no option to make a comment.

In my own opinion; I was banned from the group, not simply removed, or kicked.
Otherwise, I could have made a comment, in reply.

My other worry about this facebook group is... What did Ian Richardson think he was doing, removing 2000 members, because his group was getting "Too Big"?
Isn`t that what every website/forum wants, lots of members to share stories and knowledge about a mutual interest? "Too Big" Question 

Mr. Seville and I have experience in riding with groups, and we both tried to share our knowledge with Ian Richardson in the early days of B.M.G. about riding in groups, having more than one admin, How to ride in large groups, and so on... But, none of this advice was listened to.

The Group was based in and around Yorkshire, in the Barnsley/Sheffield/Doncaster area.
With members ranging from Scotland to the south coast, there was even one member (a friend of mine) from the U.S.A. All of the 2095 members were removed Without warning!
Then Ian Richardson, started to add the members `he` wanted in `his` group.

Alright, I admit: A lot of the members were not very active, and like me, might have missed the post when Ian Richardson explained what he was going to do... There were also some trolls on B.M.G. That I cannot deny. There were even Holy than thou, kind of riders, that thought because owning a certain kind of bike, made them better than anyone else. Which is not the case... I mean you can have more smiles per mile, out of a cheap and cheerful bike, than you can a £20k machine.

I think it`s the Trolls, trouble causes, and inactive members that should have been removed... Rather than Everyone!
It would save a lot of people having to "re-apply".... why should they?

I even suggested to Ian Richardson, in the early days, he would be better off with a website, then he could see the in-active members, and automatically "prune" them out.
He could have had a "report feature" within the website, so IF he had a few Area admins, they could look into the problems members were having, and deal with it appropriately.

Anyway.... That`s Why I posted this ceremonial burning!
Mr. Seville. as we know him Sevmods Has created another group called Pack`o`Rats.
Which  I am happy to say - I am a member of.  Twisted Evil 

That`s it rant over..!

Take it easy,

Have a nice day...

Peace!  Very Happy

D. I. L. L. I. G. A. F.

Dave
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://darksideofthemoon.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Good Bye B.M.G.

Post by StalkerII on Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:03 am

Well, I know some people who would also pee on it Razz
Well I obviously replied too late for this.

So how's things with the new group are going?

StalkerII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:04 am

All good here, Lior... thanks for asking!

how about you, I trust you are well?

Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StalkerII on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:55 am

Yeah, about to finish my military service.

StalkerII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:44 am

Good to hear you are alright. Smile

On a lighter side... it will give you more time to play Guild Wars.

Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top